Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sugar Snap Pea, is there a problem?

So I've been hawking the sugar snap pea, and the past day or two, it has changed a little. I didn't know if it is sprouting, or just kind of taking on water and decomposing. Now there is a little bit of white stuff that seems to have popped up on the surface of the rooter. Do I have a problem here, should this be removed from the system? I don't know if this is common, or harmless, but it looks like some kind of fungus or mold growth. My first instinct is to get it the hell out of there, so it doesn't spread.

Having never done this, I'm worried about over and under reacting.
Am I okay to give it a few more days to see what happens, or should I get it the hell out. Maybe these rooters are just too wet for the sugar snap pea? We'll see how it goes, I know sugar snaps seem to have a lower germination rate than other peas. Hopefully, if it is troubled, it won't hurt my other plants!

Grow it. Cook it. Eat it. Love it.
The Green Guisador.

No comments: