Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mixing the nutrients.

This was probably the easiest step. I have General Hydroponics Flora Nova series nutrients. I am using the grow formula now, in diluted quantities. About half strength (normal is 1-2 teaspoons per gallon, I used about 3/4 of a teaspoon per gal). I dissolved it in my water, and tested the pH.


The light from the flash made this look different on the picture than it did in my kitchen. Its safe to say I'm at about 6.5, which is high for peppers. But these guys just came out of the dome, I'm trying not to shock them any more than necessary. I'll keep track of this daily, and slowly get them where they need to be.

I poured it into the system. I have the timer set for 4 feedings a day. This is definitely on the aggressive side. But we live in Southern Nevada, in the damn desert. Its dry. To start, I am going to err on the side of wetness. The pump is going to run for 30 minutes at 7am, 11:30am, 3pm, 7:30pm. I have read in many places that you should only feed when the lights are on, so here goes nothing!

No comments: